Finding the perfect jeans is like finding the perfect man. So for this series of entries about one of my favorite piece of clothing, which is denim, I will present to you ways on how to find your dream jeans.
Comparing your jeans to men makes jeans much important and significant. Not only it will save you money, but it will also make you feel good and confident, just like how your perfect man will make you feel.
To start this series of entries, let me show you techniques in finding the specific jeans for a specific body concern. We all know the different types of jeans: bootcut, skinny, straight, flare, wide leg, capri, cargo. Let's just focus on it's sole purpose. And that is to make you look good and fabulous. Jeans is one of your most versatile fashion item, so make sure that it's perfect for you.
PERFECT JEANS= DIVINITY :)
- If you have thin or skinny legs, you can opt to wear light colored jeans. Or if you prefer the dark colored ones, try choosing cuts in wide leg, full flare, or straight cuts. Skinny jeans will just make your legs look more, well--- SKINNY.
- Big thighs are a result of genes and fat concentration. One way to keep it slim is to tone it. But if you're not the type who likes exercising (but I still encourage you to do so), then know how to hide them with the right kind of jeans.
As much as possible, steer clear from light colored jeans or jeans with light washes. Light colors emphasizes thighs, making them look bigger and puts them on the spotlight. Opt for dark colored jeans. They make your legs look slimmer. Also, ditch the notion that you should wear loose to make you look slimmer. I'm here to tell you that no, it just makes you look bigger, and much worse, you might look like a fashion victim. Go for slim fit styles, but not the too skinny ones! Straight cuts defines a line, hiding all the curves away.
SHORT BUT SWEET
- Short- legged girls should not only rely on heels to make them look big. Jeans can also make you look slender and long! Stay away from capris. The awkward cut just emphasizes the length of your legs. Choose cuts that slightly flare at them bottom. Try slim bootcuts and semi- flare jeans. You can also wear high- waist jeans. It gives the illusion of longer legs.
MUFFIN IN THE MIDDLE
- This used to be my problem before. Hide your bulging belly by avoiding jeans that give you a "muffin top" (waistlines that squeeze your belly, making them bulge). Opt for low- rise and hipster jeans. That way, it helps de- emphasize your bulging belly. You can also wear semi- loose or empire tops to help disguise your tummy.
- If you have a booty that calls attention, don't wear jeans that have embroidery or design at the bum area. It just draws attention to your butt more. Opt for jeans that don't have back pockets. If you can't sacrifice the extra pockets, then go for jeans with back pockets that don't have design.
WATCH OUT FOR MORE "OF DENIM AND MEN ENTRIES"!