Welcome to the second to the last entry of DENIM-ISM.
To err is human. It is an inevitable part of life. You pick the wrong ones before you finally get the right one. It is a confusing journey, but bliss and valuable lessons are the rewards in the end.
You would encounter a dozen or more of the wrong jeans for you before you get the right pair. They look so good on the racks, but when you pay for 'em and bring 'em home, you'll realize that they just look good on the racks, but not on you. It's comparable to finding a partner. Sometimes, they put their best foot forward at the start. And in the end, you'll also realize that their foot is better off on their face.
Here are some Jeans faux pas that we always encounter every time we go shopping for the perfect pair of jeans. And after reading the entry, keep everything in mind, and you're now set in finding the perfect jeans for you.
- Yes, these jeans are TORN. They're not ripped. In jeans terminology, ripped jeans means those with tattered and frilly designs. But TORN jeans like this is damn fugly, even if they're hella expensive. If you have bad taste, brands won't save you. So before splurgingfor a pair of TORN jeans, learn from Brandy's huge mistake.
- Baggy jeans can be pulled off. But Baggy jeans like these are so ugly, that even a super hot and popular rapper or hip- hop artist can't look good in these jeans! Baggy jeans makes you look fat, and much worse, you look like a fashion victim. Boyfriend jeans, which is becoming a trend nowadays for women are just slightly loose, which makes it perfect for a casual look. But oh please, NOT these jeans.
- The skinny jeans have become a staple fashion piece for women. And as the years went by, they've gotten skinnier! I call 'em DUCT TAPES. Skinny jeans that are so tight, that you'll develop a blood clot just by wearing 'em! Some might like the fit, but let me tell you why you should steer clear of these jeans. Super tight jeans blocks ventilation, which is essential in keeping vaginal bacteria at bay. Secondly, it puts so much pressure on your abdomen and leg muscles. And lastly, it creates "Muffin tops", and it can make your cramps worse during your menstruation days. And oh, if you fart, it's easier to find out that you're the culprit behind the gas release because the fit is so tight, it compresses the air, making your fart echo like a trumpet. If you can endure the shame, then be my guest.
- Muffin tops are hell ugly. It makes all your unwanted bulge out in all the wrong places. Super tight jeans result to this fashion fail. If you want to hide your size, then choose the right cuts.
- Jeans folding. That's a no- no. Unless you're supermodel tall, then you can do this. But if you're short or your height is average, steer clear from this practice. It makes your legs look short and weird. Case in point: Rachel Bilson. Everything was perfect from her head until her shirt. And when I laid my eyes on her jeans, I thought to myself that it would be better if the photo was cropped.
There you have it! Now that you know the common jeans faux pas, keep them in mind and you're on your way to buying the perfect pair even if it's cheap or expensive.
WATCH OUT FOR THE LAST ENTRY OF DENIM- ISM!