FASHIONISTAS

I SERVE NUFFNANG!

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS
Authentic scents at 50% off of their mall costs!

FOLLOW ME ON CHICTOPIA!

TheBeautyJunkee's gallery
FOLLOW+   

Monday, November 8, 2010

FASHION HAUL: FINALLY! SEVEN JEANS FOR ALL MANKIND

Here's my hottest purchase for today, and it's also a gift for myself for the Holiday season.

Recently, I've been hibernating on make- up hauling, and my shopping habits have turned to clothes/shoes/accessories/bags shopping. I've realized that my closet needs a revamp, and I already have make- up that will last me a lifetime. But make- up will always be my first love. It's just time to rediscover my second love, which is fashion.

They say that a woman should own at least a good pair of jeans. So the term "designer" or "branded" automatically comes into mind. Some might say that you can find a good pair sans the labels and the hefty price tags, but I can definitely attest that good jeans makes a big difference in terms of appearance and with the way it sits on your waist.

Seven Jeans for All Mankind (which is also popularly know as "Seven Jeans" or "7FAM") belongs to the roster of luxurious jeans/denim brands in the market. It is a favorite of Hollywood celebrities and commoners alike, and it has come a long way since its inception in 2000. When it comes to luxurious jeans, 7FAM is definitely one of the iconic names you'll expect to hear or read. Recently, it has teamed up with Marc Jacobs for financial backing (as per Wikipedia.org).

Seven Jeans for all Mankind was founded by Michael Glasser, Jerome Dahan, and Peter Koral in Los Angeles. The three have been working for quite some time in the jeans industry before they founded 7FAM.

7FAM was the response of Koral, Glasser, and Dahan to what's lacking in the jeans industry. It paid attention to details so that each and every woman will find the "PERFECT PAIR OF JEANS". 7FAM boasts of their intricate details, excellent fit and stitching, and luxuriously soft fabric, and unique washes. It's short of saying that every pair is tailor- made to suit every customer. 7FAM claims that each pair is handcrafted so each style is unique than the others.

The swooping logo is the original trademark logo of 7FAM. The A logo, which gave birth to the A- Pocket jeans, and the 7 logo were also additional trademarks of the brand.

A pair of 7FAM will definitely cost you an arm and limb. Each pair can cost at a hefty premium of 10- 18kphp. But if you're the type who invests, then a good pair of jeans is definitely a wise investment.

Here are some Hollywood stars who absolutely adore 7FAM:

Jessica Alba in her Ginger

Miley Cyrus in her Roxanne

Cameron Diaz in her Josefina

Local celebrities like Kris Aquino, Richard Gutierrez (who also adores True Religion), and Anne Curtis are also fans of the brand.

7FAM is on a Denim Nation 5k jeans sale as of the moment. The promo runs until Nov. 30, 2010. So if you want to snag a sassy pair from the iconic 7FAM, now is your chance. Various styles in bootleg, classic skinny, straight cut, flair for men and women are up for grabs at 5k only.

I only own three pairs of jeans. This, an Adriano Goldschmied (which I totally adore as well), and a Dorothy Perkins jeans. I'm not the type who would collect, but if I buy something, it'll be of good and excellent quality. My big dilemma is, I can't find a local branded jeans that fits me perfectly well. I always fit in branded jeans because of the shape of my body. I'm lean and muscular with a bit of womanly curves. So it's really hard to find a perfect pair in Asian sizes, which are all patterned after skinny and thin girls/women.

I got this from the Denim Nation sale. It's 5k, and the original price of the pair that I got is around 12k, then it was brought down to 8k, then it's already part of the Denim Nation sale.

Yes, 5k is pretty steep for a pair of jeans. But since we're talking about good investments, let me tell you why buying this 7FAM jeans on impulse and declaring it as a Holiday gift to justify the purchase is all worth the bleeding of my atm card.

The style is called Roxanne. Cut is classic skinny. Quite frankly, the sizing of 7FAM is huge. Normally, I would fit in a size 29 in asian/local brands, and 28 in US/Euro brands. I fit in a size 28 in my Adriano Goldschmied. But surprisingly, I fit in a size 26 in 7FAM. And it still has an allowance on the waist. I don't want to go for a 25 because it might feel too tight already 'cos 26 feels just right. Cotton shrinks after a couple of washes anyway so I went ahead and paid for a size 26.

The color of the denim is dark blue, and it has a slight light blue wash in front that doesn't stand out in a weird kind of way. The wash kinda' fades from light to dark blue.

The small right patch at the right side is the logo stitched on the jeans. Quite low profile for a huge brand. Usually, big brands also put big logos on their jeans (e.g. True Religion, Christian Audigier, Rock and Republic).

Here's a shot of the inside part of the jeans.

Okay, let me now justify to you why you should consider 7FAM if you're planning to treat yourself to a good pair in the near future.

When I slipped my right foot inside the right leg opening, my leg just went through, which goes to show that the material is soft and comfortable. The reason why I hated jeans before is because every fitting is a battle that I should win by trying to get my two legs in the leg openings. But this one allowed my legs to perfectly rest in it. The material of the denim is stretchable cotton.

When I was wearing it already, it just felt like heaven on my waist! It's so soft, fits snuggly. And even if the fit is skinny, it didn't cling like duct tape on my legs (which is the case for some skinny jeans).

Another great thing, it didn't give me a "muffin top", where the fatty areas of your abdomen are squeezing right out of the jean's waistline.

Overall, the jeans flattered my figure. And the jeans also looked dayum pretty on its own when I was looking at myself in the mirror.

Convinced? Then go ahead. Treat yourself.

My two prized possessions as of the moment: My Adriano Goldschmied in THE ANGEL and Seven Jeans for all Mankind in Roxanne. :)

7FAM is comparatively cheap when compared to other luxurious brands such as True Religon, Citizens of Humanity, J Brand, Antik Denim, Rock and Republic, Taverniti, Valentino, Just Cavalli, etc.

Simplicity. Elegance. Uniqueness. That's what 7FAM is all about. If you can, make 7FAM a staple in your closet. And if you want to invest, then make 7FAM the number one brand in your list. I would also recommend Adriano Goldschmied, but it's not available locally. These jeans are so good, that it'll call attention to its self (just like my friend's 7FAM with a price tag of 15k)!

No comments:

CLOSET PRESCRIPTIONS

- Beach Towel
- Bikini (DONE!)
- Boardshorts
- Sports armband for ipod touch 3rd gen (DONE!)
- Longchamp Medium (black) (DONE!)
- Juicy Couture Beatrice Sunglasses (DONE!)
- Waterproof ipod pouch
- Underwater camera
- Canon EOS 1000D (DONE!)
- Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- Capdase Soft Jacket 2 Expose for Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- White bag
- a pair from Seven Jeans for all mankind (DONE!)
- a pair from Adriano Goldschmied (DONE!)
- Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier Hoodie (Black)
- Luggage (for light travels)
- Goggles
- A nice cover- up
- Tory Burch Flats (DONE!)
- Nike Trainers (DONE!)
- Nike dri- fit shirts x 2 (1 MORE!)
- Nike dri- fit jogging pants
- Nike dri- fit trainer track jacket
- Lacoste Polo shirt dress (Red)