FASHIONISTAS

I SERVE NUFFNANG!

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS
Authentic scents at 50% off of their mall costs!

FOLLOW ME ON CHICTOPIA!

TheBeautyJunkee's gallery
FOLLOW+   

Monday, December 6, 2010

THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER

I was strolling along Shangri- La one day and a very familiar picture was hanging at the the window of Converse. It was the cat in the hat, which is a very popular cartoon figure. When I got to see the big picture, I realized that Converse is offering Dr. Seuss limited edition all star chuck taylors!

My heart thumped with joy and I barged through the store and went to the Dr. Seuss chuck taylor stand. I was seeing right in front of me something that I should own because I love Dr. Seuss so much! He's also one of my childhood comic heroes!

Theo Le Sieg, the brain behind Dr. Seuss left a wonderful legacy to children. His books and stories were inspired by the wandering and never- ending imaginations of a child. I've grown up up reading his stories. I've realized later on that his works are deeply moving and are bound to give you a wonderful lesson at the end of each story, though he said himself that the morale was unintentional. He never did like writing books for children with a morale in mind. According to him "There is an innate morale in every story".

Dr. Seuss is Theo Le Sieg.

FYI, Some people would pronounce his name as DR. SOOS. But the right pronunciation (since he is German by origin) is DR. SOICE (Like how you would pronounce voice). Alexander Liang, one of his collaborators wrote in Dartmouth Jack-O-Lantern said:

You’re wrong as the deuce
And you shouldn’t rejoice
If you’re calling him Seuss.
He pronounces it Soice.

(Source: Wikipedia.org)

I told hubby that I saw a fab pair of Dr. Seuss shoes and I sooo want to have one for Christmas. But due to budget constraints and overspending, I decided I can't afford to buy one right now. I can. But if I do, I'd go on a budget deficit (again).

Hubby told me that I should get it 'cos I really like it. But I told him I can't. He told me that I should because it is his Christmas gift for me. After reading that message, my heart jumped with joy and I cried while chowing down a bowl of Vietnamese Pho!

THIS IS ONE OF MY BEST CHRISTMAS GIFTS EVAAAHHH!!!! I LOVE YOU HUBBY! :)))

Let me show you my fab pair of Dr. Seuss chucks.

I WILL NOT THROW THE BOX AWAY! :)

Unfortunately, some of the better designs only have kid sizes (boo!). This is what I got. A high- cut black chucks inspired by his "IF I RAN THE ZOO" novel featuring Gerard McGrew (the blue- haired thing on the chucks).

A patch sewn on the tongue of the shoe.

Sewn at the back part of the tongue of the shoe.

Cool graphics printed inside! If I ran the zoo characters!

As always, Dr. Seuss words have always been celebrated by the young and the old. A line from the story is printed inside the sole.

IF YOU'RE A DR. SEUSS FAN, BE SURE TO GRAB ONE OF THESE LIMITED EDITION SNEAKS!

No comments:

CLOSET PRESCRIPTIONS

- Beach Towel
- Bikini (DONE!)
- Boardshorts
- Sports armband for ipod touch 3rd gen (DONE!)
- Longchamp Medium (black) (DONE!)
- Juicy Couture Beatrice Sunglasses (DONE!)
- Waterproof ipod pouch
- Underwater camera
- Canon EOS 1000D (DONE!)
- Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- Capdase Soft Jacket 2 Expose for Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- White bag
- a pair from Seven Jeans for all mankind (DONE!)
- a pair from Adriano Goldschmied (DONE!)
- Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier Hoodie (Black)
- Luggage (for light travels)
- Goggles
- A nice cover- up
- Tory Burch Flats (DONE!)
- Nike Trainers (DONE!)
- Nike dri- fit shirts x 2 (1 MORE!)
- Nike dri- fit jogging pants
- Nike dri- fit trainer track jacket
- Lacoste Polo shirt dress (Red)