FASHIONISTAS

I SERVE NUFFNANG!

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS

LE PERFUMERIE: HOUSE OF SCENTS
Authentic scents at 50% off of their mall costs!

FOLLOW ME ON CHICTOPIA!

TheBeautyJunkee's gallery
FOLLOW+   

Saturday, December 11, 2010

FASHION HAULS: LUCKY BRAND

I'm crazy over denim nowadays. Designer ones, so to speak.

Ever since I bought myself a pair of 7 jeans for all mankind and Adriano Goldschmied, I've been on the look out for more designer jeans. The cut, fit, and material are the things you shell out for when you buy a pair of designer jeans. And every single penny I've paid for is worth it.

I was thinking of getting new make- up, but jeans are at the top of my list. And as a Christmas gift for myself, I bought another pair of designer jeans from Lucky Brand Dungarees.

Lucky Brand Dungarees is an all- American brand that originated in Southern California. Long time friends Gene Montesano (one of the brains behind Bongo Jeans) and Barry Perlman have turned their love for vintage blue jeans into a successful business.

Lucky Brand Dungarees is inspired by good humor and love for vintage. Why good humor? Every pair of LBD has a patch stitched on the fly of the jeans with the phrase "Lucky You", which says a lot. Gene's idea was contested by some people, saying that it would be offending, rather than being funny. But it turned out that the "Lucky You" tag was one of the reasons behind the success of the brand.

LBD has been known for their excellent fit, classic cuts, and unique vintage washes.

Since its inception in the 90's LBD has become a famous American jeans retailer, which brought it to the designer jeans level. Some Hollywood fans are Ben Affleck, Halle Berry, Jessica Simpson, Audriana Patridge, Jennifer Garner, Mandy Moore, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Gwyneth Paltrow to name a few.

Here are some LBD fans in their LBD jeans.

Jessica Simpson

Jennifer Garner

Audriana Patridge

And here's my new baby. :)

I have to agree that indeed, this new pair looks vintage! I must say I love the wash!

The style I got is Lucky Legend in Lola Skinny.

Closer look.
Outer tag
Inner tag

The leg fit is fabulous. It's tight, but it still allows room for my legs to breathe. I also love the fit of the waistband. It doesn't give me a muffin top at all! And above everything else, it flatters my figure because it hugs my form just right.

In comparison to my 7FAM, the material of this pair is a bit stiff. (Well, 7FAM is known for their luxuriously soft denim and eye- popping price tag), but is flexible enough to allow my legs to move freely. Maybe a few washes will soften the material a bit. And lastly, in comparison to my AG, the fit of this one is more fluid, which means it adjusts to my legs. While AG's fit is set.

But the three jeans are great, nonetheless! I love my pairs! PROJECT J BRAND and A MATTER OF LIFE DENIM are next then I'll go hibernating from jeans hauling. :)

*Photos are taken from denimblog.com
*LBD info are taken from Lucky Brand's Official website

No comments:

CLOSET PRESCRIPTIONS

- Beach Towel
- Bikini (DONE!)
- Boardshorts
- Sports armband for ipod touch 3rd gen (DONE!)
- Longchamp Medium (black) (DONE!)
- Juicy Couture Beatrice Sunglasses (DONE!)
- Waterproof ipod pouch
- Underwater camera
- Canon EOS 1000D (DONE!)
- Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- Capdase Soft Jacket 2 Expose for Iphone 4 (DONE!)
- White bag
- a pair from Seven Jeans for all mankind (DONE!)
- a pair from Adriano Goldschmied (DONE!)
- Ed Hardy by Christian Audigier Hoodie (Black)
- Luggage (for light travels)
- Goggles
- A nice cover- up
- Tory Burch Flats (DONE!)
- Nike Trainers (DONE!)
- Nike dri- fit shirts x 2 (1 MORE!)
- Nike dri- fit jogging pants
- Nike dri- fit trainer track jacket
- Lacoste Polo shirt dress (Red)